Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
at Arrivo in Los Angeles
Date Posted: 2018-07-17
The Electromechanical team is responsible for the Propulsion, Levitation, Active Guidance, and Power Delivery systems in the Arrivo next-generation transportation system. We are a highly skilled and multidisciplinary team of exceptional engineers in the areas of Electromagnetics, Mechanical Design, Controls and Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Materials Science, Embedded Systems, Power Electronics, Testing, and System Modeling. Engineers are expected to own designs from concept through prototype testing and eventually into high volume production.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Electromechanical Systems team. The candidate will own the design and development of next generation propulsion, levitation, and guidance system components. We have several openings and will consider multiple applicants with relevant experience.
- Own component design and functional requirements
- Create and maintain component CAD models in Catia V6
- Design, analysis and validation of computational models with hand calcs, FEA, and experiments
- Detail Design including datum & fixation strategy, GD&T
- Own component manufacturing plan and build activities to ensure timely delivery of hardware
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Strong 3D modeling capabilities with CATIA V5/V6 or similar CAD package (Creo, NX) and a solid understanding and application of GD&T per ASME Y14.5-1994
- Significant experience performing detailed design of complex system that require complex tolerancing to ensure fit and assembly
- Experience with non-linear material properties and structural testing
- Programming experience in at least one of the following: Matlab/Simulink, LabVIEW, Python, C++, Visual Basic.
- Exposure to prototype manufacturing techniques and strong understanding of general manufacturing processes including injection, transfer, or compression molding
- Proven history of driving projects from concept to completion
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - can prepare and present results with clarity and brevity