Vehicle Engineering & Analysis
Senior Vehicle Structures Engineer
at Arrivo in Los Angeles
Date Posted: 2017-12-06
Arrivo seeks a highly qualified Senior Vehicle Structures Engineer in our downtown Los Angeles headquarters as part of the Vehicle Engineering team. The successful candidate will have a broad background in high-performance structures design, analysis, and testing with demonstrated capability to deliver from a blank sheet.
Our deadlines and timing are extreme, so excellent problem framing and decision-making under uncertainty are essential.
• Lead all structural aspects of product architecture and vehicle operational definition
• Rapidly drive design and development of vehicle primary and secondary structures through analysis and test, starting from basic principles
• Define company structural engineering process/lifecycles and develop new analysis and test methodology as required
• Collaborate with expert technical teams (dynamics, propulsion, controls) to drive development tasks to resolution
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering discipline, M.S. preferred
• 5+ years’ experience working in high-performance vehicle structures
• Hands on project experience
• World-class critical thinking skills
• Proven track record of delivering metallic, safety-critical structures from concept phase through certification. Composites experience a plus
• Proficient in 3D CAD (preferably CATIA V5+), GD&T, and linear and nonlinear structural analysis, and associated FE tools (e.g. NASTRAN, ABAQUS, Optistruct). Experience with modal/fatigue analysis or optimization a plus