Vehicle Engineering & Analysis
Senior Engineering Analyst
at Arrivo in Los Angeles
Date Posted: 2017-12-06
Arrivo seeks highly qualified Senior Engineering Analysts supporting the development of novel transportation technology. The successful candidate will have a broad background in high-performance vehicle and system design, analysis, and testing with demonstrated capability to deliver from a blank sheet.
Our deadlines and timing are extreme, so excellent problem framing and decision-making under uncertainty are essential.Multiple analyst positions are available at different levels and specialties. Title and compensation commensurate with skill level (primary) and experience (secondary). Specialty areas include: structures, vehicle dynamics, structural dynamics, fluids, aerodynamics, and thermal dynamics.
- Conceptualize and analyze solutions to complex & difficult problems
- Confirm design solutions meet development goals
- Work with all forms of analytical tools including Excel, commercial software, MATLAB, etc.
- Create solutions that can be verified via testing and can be commercially scaled to production
- Support programs thru iteration phases of design, analysis, hardware fabrication and assembly, instrumentation and development
- Work effectively with both internal teams and external vendors
- Present design solutions to team at design reviews
- M.S. in Engineering or related field
- Experience solving complex problems with engineers of multiple disciplines
- Be capable of working actively in a team environment
- Expertise in multiple commercial analysis tools, as well as MATLAB, Excel, etc.
- Deep understanding of core physics that drive analytical tools (must be capable of 1st order hand calcs for a problem set in any domain)