Power & Controls Engineering
Senior Electrical Engineer
at Arrivo in Los Angeles
Date Posted: 2018-05-16
- Model propulsion system electrical system including induction motor equivalent circuit, switching components, inverters and inverter controller.
- Modeling energy storage systems and power grid interaction
- Design and simulation of motor controller hardware and associated power electronics
- Hands on experience with development of VFD controller software
- Provide schematic & PCB design, Analog circuit design & simulation, Programmable logic design & simulation for different components of the power electronics
- Build (in-house or through external vendors) power electronics hardware using his/her design or based on COTS / modified-COTS
- Support unit assembly and test of power electronics
- Support test & integration with LIM motor components
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Working knowledge of design & analysis tools such as Altium Designer, SPICE-simulators, Quartus II, etc.
- Understanding of power electronics to drive the motor
- Working experience with SCADA, PLCs, VFDs
- Embedded software design in C, C++
- Evidence of working on LIM based propulsion projects highly desirable: EMALS, RAILGUN
- Evidence of working with high power electronics
- Track record of building electrical/electronic hardware.