at Arrivo in Los Angeles
Date Posted: 2018-07-17
Arrivo seeks a Senior Accountant in our downtown Los Angeles headquarters as part of our growing startup team looking to transform the future. The role will be hybrid of GL and AP functions. Our company will be growing rapidly over the next few years and this role and its responsibilities will grow with it. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented and possess a strong drive to meet/exceed goals in running day to day accounting functions.
- Assist in the ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process including the preparation and review of journal entries and supporting work paper reconciliations for key balance sheet and expense accounts
- Assist in the development and implementation of new accounting software, procedures and practices for the entire accounting cycle within a rapidly growing startup company
- Ensure timely payment of vendor invoices and maintain vendor relationship
- Successfully examine, code, and post credit card transactions
- Code, Accrue, and pay AP Trade invoices
- Track all fixed assets, depreciation and proper capitalization of fixed assets.
- Ensure Data is in sync across systems for expense and invoice processing. Work with department managers to review and approve coding and clear exceptions.
- Oversee employee expense reports through processing and auditing expense reports
- Monitor banking activity daily
- Assist in the compilation of the month-end close package, including Balance Sheet and Income Statement fluctuation analysis.
- Perform ad hoc reviews and analysis, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting /Finance
- CPA license preferred
- 5 years of experience that includes General Ledger accounting.
- Highly detailed and deadline oriented with the ability to prioritize, focus and thrive in a high paced multitasking environment.
- Strong excel skills required
- Understanding of tools, such as NetSuite, expensify and Bill.com preferred
- Must be highly organized, keen attention to detail with stellar communication skills
- Can thrive independently and work well with a team
- Willing to help with various projects as required in a start-up environment
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and capacity to get things done independently with minimum supervision.