Jr. Systems Administrator
at Arrivo in Los Angeles
Date Posted: 2018-07-17
Arrivo is developing truly 21st century technology to bring fast, safe, low cost, & clean transportation to the world! The Jr. Systems Administrator will work with the Head of IT to develop, document, and implement solutions in a Windows-based office environment at the company's Los Angeles, California HQ. Primary responsibility will be applying day-to-day IT solutions in a cutting-edge, engineer-dense startup environment.
Tasks will include the following:
- Managing user issues, documenting solutions to chronic problems, and escalating to a Sr. Systems Administrator as required.
- Resolving hardware, operating system, and business application issues using an aggressive approach to problem solving.
- Developing and maintaining a company knowledge base (FAQ) system.
- Creating and maintaining an IT asset tracking system.
- Creating and running system imaging solutions for deployment and remediation of laptops and workstations.
- Maintaining server room hardware and Cloud infrastructure.
- Managing users and computers in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field plus at least one year’s experience in a Systems Administrator role.
- OR a combination of a two-year degree in those fields and three or more years' experience in strong IT positions, including least one year’s experience in a Systems Administrator role.
- Experience configuring and supporting Windows Active Directory environments.
- Experience supporting Linux desktops and servers.
- Experience with business-quality OS imaging systems.
- Experience with the latest Mac hardware in a business environment, up to and including the latest macOS (High Sierra) and iOS (11).
- Practical computer networking knowledge, including deployment of wired and wireless LAN systems, access points, managed switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Ability to be cool and casually mindful while still crushing it professionally every single day as the mastermind of Arrivo IT.
- Experience with configuring and managing ticketing systems.
- Experience with physical asset tagging and inventory systems.
- Experience supporting users of professional CAD/CAM engineering software.
- Certifications in computer networking, computer security, and systems administration fields, such as CCNE, MCSE, CISSP.
- Experience configuring and maintaining conference room A/V systems.
- Examples of contributions to open source software projects, positive online communities, or builder/maker spaces.
- Demonstrated ability to understand written instructions and requirements, even long boring ones, by using the word “optimal” yourself in a cover letter or resume when applying to this position. Really.