Help Desk Technician
at Arrivo in Los Angeles
Date Posted: 2018-07-17
Arrivo is developing truly 21st century technology to bring fast, safe, low cost, & clean transportation to the world! The experienced help desk tech will work with a Sr. Systems Administrator to support a Windows-based office environment at the company's Los Angeles, California HQ. Primary responsibility will be as the first point of contact for an on-site help desk in a cutting-edge, engineer-dense startup environment.
Tasks will include the following:
- Receiving and managing IT support requests at the help desk, escalating issues to the Sr. Systems Administrator as required.
- Troubleshooting hardware and business application issues using company knowledge base (FAQ) system and an aggressive approach to problem solving.
- Running OS imaging tasks for deployment and remediation of laptops and workstations.
- Updating an asset tracking system for all items passing through the IT helpdesk.
- Two-year degree (or more) in Information Technology or similar field plus two years' experience at an IT help desk or support position.
- OR four years' experience at an IT help desk or support position.
- Extensive experience supporting Microsoft Windows and the Office suite of products in a business environment.
- Extensive experience supporting users in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to triage IT support tickets quickly and professionally using excellent time-management and communication skills.
- Experience supporting modern Mac hardware in a business environment.
- Basic knowledge of wired and wireless LAN systems.
- Ability to be cool and casually mindful while still crushing it professionally every single day as the face of Arrivo IT.
- Experience with the latest Mac hardware, up to and including the latest macOS (High Sierra) and iOS (11).
- Experience supporting Linux desktop and server environments.
- Experience with business-quality OS imaging systems.
- Familiarity with conference room A/V systems.
- Compelling examples of self-directed learning and ongoing personal education in professional IT skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand written instructions and requirements, even long boring ones, by using the word “optimal” yourself in a cover letter or resume when applying to this position. Really.