Vehicle Engineering & Analysis
Senior Thermal Engineer
at Arrivo in Los Angeles
Date Posted: 2017-09-26
Arrivo is seeking a highly qualified Senior Thermal Engineer based out of the downtown Los Angeles headquarters. The candidate will be responsible for thermal system-level architecture, ensuring that all component and vehicle cabin thermal environments are within system limits.
Our deadlines and timing are extreme, so excellent problem framing and decision-making under uncertainty are essential.
• Develop and maintain thermal models of all thermally sensitive components—such as power electronics, propulsion components, levitation components, batteries, and cabin HVAC—under the most extreme load cases
• Drive the validation and verification of thermal models with appropriate test campaigns. This involves close interaction with all of the vehicle engineering disciplines
• Document all thermal model results in a central thermal handbook
• BS or MS in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent
• 5+ years’ experience in heat transfer or thermal analysis. Experience in automotive, aerospace, electromechanical, or heavy industries is not required but highly desirable
• Proficiency in Thermal Desktop, Sinda/Fluint, or equivalent
• Basic proficiency in multi-physics CAE environments such as Ansys, STAR-CCM+, or equivalent
• Hands-on experience with thermal testing instrumentation and data acquisition